Ways to cut your energy bill
Cut your energy bill and invest that saved cash
- Rewire your building in order to balance the load.
- Replace old plugs.
- Turn computers off at night, or set them to hibernation or sleep mode.
- Unplug battery chargers when the batteries are fully charged or the chargers are not in use.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with ENERGY STAR qualified compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), wherever appropriate. CFLs cost about 75% less to operate, and they last about 10 times longer.
- Seal cracks where cold or warm air typically escapes or gets in. Those places include: around door frames and windows, holes in walls where pipes enter and exit the building, basements where the cement or block contacts the wooden frame, known as the rim joist. You can use inexpensive expanding foam or caulk available at your local hardware store.
- Install a programmable thermostat that would control air heating and cooling for certain times, days, weekend and even seasons.
- It can heat your building to 69 degrees during business/work hours and 48 degrees for non-work hours and weekends.
- It can cool your building to 70 degrees during work hours and just maintain humidity during non-work hours and weekends with 85 degree setting.
- Ceiling fan helps air and temperature distribution. You should consider installing a ceiling fan.
APPLE ELECTRIC can help you with energy consumption optimization. We can come, examine your electric wiring, insulation, heating and cooling equipment and further improve your home or business energy efficiency.