Electrical Safety Tips
These Electrical Safety Tips will help you to safeguard your family and property from injury and fire hazard.
- Keep all electrical equipment dry and away from water unless the equipment is rated for use around water.
- Do not modify plugs by bending or removing the prongs.
- Do not use 3-prong to 2-prong adapters to circumvent the ground connection.
- All receptacles and any electrical conductors must be properly grounded, and if unsure whether or not this is true, call Apple Electric for assistance.
- If a plug prong breaks off and remain in the receptacle slots, do not remove it. Contact Apple Electric for assistance.
- Receptacles should be mounted firmly in their enclosures and should not move when the plug is inserted. Loose receptacles can cause short circuits and fire.
- Damaged electrical enclosures such as switches receptacles and junction boxes should not be in use. If found, Contact Apple Electric for assistance.
- Extension cords should be used only when absolutely necessary and only temporarily and not in place of permanent wiring.
- Do not use any appliance or extension cord that shows signs of wear, such as frayed insulation or exposed wiring.
- Never unplug an appliance by pulling on the cord, always remove by the plug.
- The Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCI’s) should be used as much as possible. In any wet, damp or moist environment, GFCI’s are absolutely required.
Contact Apple Electric for your complete Electrical Safety Audit and Compliance Activities